1) Bookings are evaluated on a first come, first served basis.
2) A 50% deposit is required with the application in order to complete processing.
3) All fees must be paid in full one month prior to the date of use of the facility.
4) Any willful or negligent damage to the facility or its contents will be billed to the group ~ this includes missing equipment.
5) All cheques are to be made payable to WORD OF LIFE BERMUDA.
6) The electricity charges are included in the rental rates.
7) Arrival and checkout times: Sundays ~ 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday ~ anytime, allowing for sufficient time to maintain the island after the previous group has checked out the same day.
8) Any change in arrival/departure times must be communicated to Grace Ialsnd Staff.
9) Grace Island staff are to be given one week’s notice as to how many tents and cots are required.
10) Each group should provide an emergency boat. The Word of Life Office is to be notified one week in advance as to how many boats will be remaining docked at Grace Island, in order for mooring arrangements to be made.
11) It is the responsibility of each group to provide their own first aid kit and have at least one certified person who is capable of administering first aid. Grace Island provides a first aid kit for emergency purposes only.
12) All trash accumulated is the responsibility of each group to remove from Grace Island.
13) The caretaker must be advised of any special use of facilities outside normal camp games.
14) Grace Island may be subject to inspection by the administrative office staff at any time during the group’s stay.
15) The caretaker living on site is on 24-hour call for emergency purposes only.
16) Word of Life Bermuda and Grace Island caretakers accept no responsibility for the occurrence of any person’s injury or damage/loss of personal property while on Grace Island.
17) GROUP LEADERSHIP
a. All groups must have a leader in charge, who is responsible for the group at all times. The safety of the group is the responsibility of that identified leader. (name should be clarified at booking)
b. For those under eighteen years of age, each group is required to have at least one adult leader per ten children. Kitchen staff are not considered leaders to be counted in this 1:10 ratio.
c. The group leader will be responsible for ensuring that the Grace Island Regulations are adhered to, and that the group is made aware of, and abides by the Grace Island Camp Rules (given to the leader at registration along with the Grace Island Inventory List).
d. Immediately upon arrival at Grace Island, the leader is to identify him/herself to the caretaker and have the one designated to be in charge of the inventory promptly check and sign the inventory list.
e. As the organization’s representative, the leader is directly responsible to the caretaker and must report any damages.
f. The leader is to remain behind until the last group member leaves.